Good security – it’s all in a light’s work
One thing we’ve learned about preventing burglaries is that the earlier the deterrent the better...
In his career as a policeman investigating burglaries, Malcolm quickly discovered that criminals make snap decisions about which properties to target, and which they should leave well alone.
A lack of visible alarm system or an out-of-date model is a clear indication that a house is poorly protected. A lack of security lighting is another.
One thing that quickly discourages would-be burglars more than almost any other is security lighting. Remember, burglars do not want to be seen.
Security lighting achieves four important things:
- It can alert you to the fact someone has come to your property.
- It effectively exposes the burglar or potential car thief – suddenly he can be clearly seen by anyone pulling back a curtain. It will also give an excellent image on your CCTV system.
- It makes breaking in to a house much harder; the would-be burglar knows that anyone could see him at any time.
- It makes coming home to your house in the dark so much safer. It’s a great reassurance – particularly if you’re at home on your own – to come back to a well-lit drive or doorway.
But what about the problems?
When we talk to customers about security lighting, they’re often unsure if it’s a good idea. At first. A lot of people still think of unreliable security lighting systems that come on almost at random and only serve to annoy the neighbours…
Fortunately, security lighting has improved immensely in the last few years. It is easier to control and customise...
- You specify what triggers the lighting (so you don’t have to worry about the cat setting it off).
- You control the reach and scope of the beam (so it won’t affect the neighbours at all).
- You choose the strength of the lighting you need (we can offer security lights from 120watt – 400watt to suit your requirements).
Security lighting that does what it’s supposed to
A good security lighting system won’t annoy anyone. And it won’t be triggered by every little thing. What it will do is give you the added reassurance that your home and car are much less likely to be broken into.
Talk to us
Just give us a call on 01582 864138 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to talk over your requirements. Whether you’ve got a system in mind, or want a recommendation, we’ll be happy to help.